Friday, January 9, 2015

It's been a long journey


Hello!
My name is Daniela, I'm 26 years old and I live in San Antonio, Texas with my husband and our two fur babies, Diego and Droopy. I am originally from Amberg, Bavaria/Germany and moved to the US about 3 years ago.
My passion for refinishing furniture started in 2010. I fell entirely in love with the white furniture-style that everybody called shabby-chic. It originally came from Scandinavia as they do not get a lot of sunlight. In order to not get depressed they started painting everything they had white. Whether it was the walls, floors, or furniture. This pic is what I have in mind when I think of true shabby-chic:
pic from google images


It didn't take long and I started frequenting flea markets and looked for furniture I could turn into timeless treasures, making our home a little more like the pictures I so admired. At the time we still lived in Kaiserslautern, Germany, which is not too far to the French border which meant loooots of French goodies at great prices. It was not until I got to the States that I got into redoing pieces by adding a little bit of color as I felt it was more what people were looking for instead of white :). In my home I am still true to the lighter/white colors. I wish it was all the fresh white you see in this picture, but I do like the antiqued white and distressed look, so you will see a lot of that as well. 

My first pieces looked like this:








Most of these items I still own as you do not want to be selling your first babies :) 

I have not posted anything on this blog since 2012 but am hoping to be able to write more as I do not want to write REALLY long facebook posts on my page but yet want to share more information about my passion and also give product reviews.

If you have not already liked us on Facebook, here's a link to the page where I post current projects and pieces that are for sale.
www.facebook.com/countrychiccreation

I hope you will enjoy my blog and hopefully get inspired for your own projects :)  


Have a great weekend! 


Daniela 

No comments:

Post a Comment